Thursday, April 14, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
I did it! I did it! They said she couldn't do it but indeed I did! I made it through the first holiday without you know who. I have my children to thank for it and a wonderful friend!
They kept me so busy I could even think that maybe someone was missing from the Thanksgiving table and ...there wasn't! It was the Norman Rockwell day I've always wanted and besides a great meal, boardgames were played well into the night . It was beyond my wildest dreams! I think this bodes well for a good Christmas. Things are looking up!
But the next big thing on the agenda is not Christmas, it's the Holiday Open House and what should have begun yesterday will begin today with the transforming of my place into a Christmas wonderland (Ha!). I do enjoy this and hope everyone else does. This one is especially important to me as this year it is MY HOUSE and there is a psychological component that it has about it. I can add a psychological component to anything. But for now I want to say a few things about want I've been thankful for since that seems to be the order of the season, thankful for this past year in spite of all the well...sadness it has also held for me.1. The book club continues to do well and membership grows even though I've struggled, because all of you have taken up the slack. Thank you.
2. I redecorated the house and if I must say so myself I think I did a bang up job - I love it!
3. The outpouring of sympathy I rec'd when my beloved dog, Petal, died, it meant a lot to me.
4. The Longmont Florist delivery guy. He's always is a happy surprise - who doesn't love to see him at the door?
5. The "my husband dumped for another woman diet" has stuck! At least for the time being.
6. As I've said before, my kids. Even though my life has been a mess, they don't seem to hold it
against me or hold me responsible even though it's often inconvenienced them.
7. The fact that I got all the good art! He didn't dare to take it...when you walk away you're saying I don't want/need anything and in my book and that's the price he paid ...yippee for me!
8. I know my neighbors now! Mr. Antisocial was holding me back (who knew? He was a "pillar in the community" as he often told me). my neighbors on all sides...we speak to each other and even invite each other over! A new experience for me in the ten years I've lived here!
9. Guilt free dog ownership. I can have one if I want to! Or more cats! (Uh-oh cat lady?) I don't have to answer to anyone about that whole issue!
10. Last but not least and certainly there are many more...my Kindle. A Christmas gift last year from, yes, him. But I love it and I can down load books I want to read "someday" ...it holds 3,500 for crying out loud! I stroke it's smooth plastic and wrap it in gossamer before placing it on it's velvet pillow before bed. Truly a thing of beauty, a marvel to behold!
Bonus thought - My Book Club - without it I surely would have gone crazy this year and put a bullet through my brain, I'm thankful I didn't.